Tours run regularly. To make a booking for any date (both for private and join-in tours), get a quotation or for any other enquiries, call us (VN mobile: 0164-3876594), please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our booking form!
**Next tours in June and July 2013 in which there are still spaces available:
Saturday June 1st, Saturday June 8th, Saturday June 15th, Saturday June 22nd, Saturday June 29th.
Saturday July 6th, Saturday July 13th, Saturday July 20th, Saturday July 27th
If you are interested in another date or a date much further in the future please just get in touch!
Please note that with the local climate all activities are dependent on weather conditions but but in case of a downpour we still have plenty of exciting things to do!
- 8:00 am: Depart Hanoi in a comfortable, air conditioned van to an ethnic minority community in Hoa Binh province, approximately 70 km west of Hanoi.
- After arriving at the beautiful community, we will take a short walk around a wonderful lake, nestled between mountains, forests and rice paddies.
- We will visit the borrower whom your tour fees will fund a loan for. Thus, you will directly meet the person whose livelihood you are making an active and sustainable contribution towards, just by coming on our microfinance tour! You will have an opportunity to hear her personal story, learn about her plans for the microloan, and find out about her hopes for the future. Following this, you will have an opportunity to try your hands at a typical rural activity, such as tending to livestock and crops or learning how to make shrimp baskets.
- After saying goodbye to our borrower, we will head back to our local host to enjoy an authentic Vietnamese lunch. She has been working as the head of the Women’s Union in the village for over 10 years and will be sharing with us some of the challenges and opportunities faced by rural women in Vietnam.
- Following this we will go to the house of the Head of the Commune People’s Committee where you can learn more about the community. We will take a walk to the nearby schools, kindergarten and clinic and learn about the health and education system in the commune. You may also want to try your hand at fishing with traditional bamboo fishing rods.
- We will depart Hoa Binh between 2 and 4pm (depending on group energy levels!) and arrive back in Hanoi by 6:00pm at the latest.
Click on the pictures below to get an idea of a tour! (you can use the arrow keys to navigate between the pictures)